Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Expressive Landscapes

In the alcohol ink class I took this summer we learned how to do expressive landscapes.  Expressive landscapes are abstract landscapes that aren't planned.  It was a lesson in learning how to let the inks flow, mixing different colors, and seeing if something emerges on the paper.  I'll be honest with you, it doesn't happen every time, and sometimes I go through a lot of ink without getting anything but mud. I have also started out making a bloom or something else that's not working and it turns into an expressive landscape. It's fun to turn your paper each way and look at the different views.  It's a great technique to learn a lot about the inks themselves and how they flow with a mind of their own.  Here are three of my favorites from this summer, all done on yupo paper. 

SUPERNATURAL EVENT

ICY FASCINATION

FORCE MAJEURE

No comments:

Post a Comment